Software Cornwall – connecting, promoting and supporting the growing tech community in Cornwall
Software Cornwall is an open and collaborative group of technology based businesses, education providers and business support organisations connected to Cornwall, UK. The community is independent and funded by its members, sponsors and supporters.
Our vision- Cornwall as the most productive global location for software development
Our mission – To promote and support software growth and excellence in Cornwall for today and in the future
Software Cornwall was established informally in 2012 by a group from the software sector in Cornwall collaborating to support the growth of the digital engineering industry in the County.
Since April 2015 Software Cornwall has been a Limited Not-For-Profit organisation funded through membership and sponsorship. The organisation also works in collaboration to deliver funded educational programmes supporting the development of tech talent here in Cornwall.
“Cornwall has always been a world leader in engineering and exporter of quality engineering talent and innovation. From mining and rail, through to telecommunications, marine engineering, and more recently renewables technology.
Cornwall has the potential to become a significant global player within the next generation of 21C Digital Engineering. Over the past 10 years we have seen it provide the new businesses, high skilled jobs and product innovations that our communities need.” Belinda Waldock – Co-founder Software Cornwall Ltd
- Skills & Knowledge: Encourage learning and transfer of software skills and knowledge at all levels
- Business & Finance: Promote the growth and development of software businesses
- Recruitment & Careers Development: Engage with young people to promote software as a career and promote high skilled employment opportunities
- Visibility & Culture: To promote and support the visibility of software in Cornwall
- Infrastructure & Environment: To support the development of infrastructure and a positive environment
- Collaboration & Networking: Work openly, inclusively and collaboratively to benefit the software community
- Financial Sustainability: To develop an organisation that is self sustaining
- Connect with others : Collaboration and networking – exchange of knowledge, best practice and skills
- Keep informed on the opportunities available to your business : Updates, News and Information including Signposting and advice on business services, local business facilities, funding and support services relevant to the software industry
- Representation at, and Access to events and shows where Software Cornwall are exhibiting
- Support the growth of your team : Assistance with recruitment, access to latest CVs received, vacancy promotion online, through social media sharing and at careers fairs and events.
- Helping to promote your business : At events, Directory listing on Software Cornwall website, use of Member logo and access to Software Cornwall PR channels to share business information and news.
- Membership of the Software Cornwall Slack network a community social network providing news and information for members and a forum for discussions and collaboration.
- Access the skills and services you need : Discounts on professional level training courses, conferences and business services
- Promote Cornwall as a serious location for hi-tech business, nationally and internationally. Support the creation of workspace and infrastructure to provide an environment to enable digital businesses to grow.
- Support Software Cornwall’s business, skills, career and promotional events to raise the visibility and awareness of our community within Cornwall, nationally and internationally.
- Position Cornwall’s tech industry as a significant growth sector deserving of support from the public sector and funding bodies
- Fix and Fill the careers pipeline : Inspiring people into careers in digital technology – Fix and Continuously improve awareness and accessibility of short and long term ‘recruitment pipelines’ through engagement with schools, colleges, Universities, Job Centres and other educational and employment organisations. Support Code Clubs, Learn to Code events and promotion of software careers at events and locations across the county
- Join in Software Cornwall voluntary and promotional activities such as projects, events and campaigns to support careers development. For example volunteer to support joint events, or get help to set up and run activities such as code clubs and meet ups in your area