Cornwall Tecademy – Free Teacher Training
As part of Software Cornwall’s objective to support education in the community we are pleased to announce our two day Tecademy specifically designed for teachers, delivered by Raspberry Pi certified educators and industry experts.
After the huge success of our first Tecademy in May 2016, we will be running our second Tecademy in the autumn of 2016 (over the weekend of 19th and 20th November 2016) at Bluefruit in Cornwall.
To encourage the use of computers across the curriculum, Tecademy is free and open to all teachers (computer science, science, maths, music, English etc).
To get a flavour of the activities, the success of the last Tecademy has been blogged here:
Tecademy will cover the following:
- Computing resources and the Barefoot programme
- Physical Computing and the Raspberry Pi
- Programming in Minecraft
- Sonic Pi
- Controlling motors
- Using the Pi Camera
- Iterative programming
- Microcontrollers and the micro:bit
- Fun projects
- Presentations and certificates
By the end of Tecademy, teachers will:
- Have increased their knowledge of the new computing curriculum
- Have access to learning material
- Be more comfortable with using Raspberry Pi’s in the classroom
- Have access to the Software Cornwall Members Network
- Become a Software Cornwall Certified Tecademy Teacher
Please register your interest here: