Skills Funding Agency has published a review of publicly funded digital skills in further education
The Skills Funding Agency has published a review of publicly funded digital skills in further education.
The review recommends:
- Consistent use of terminology
- Setting clear standards to support the different stages of digital skills development
- Giving digital literacy the same level of importance as numeracy and literacy
- Integrating the general skills the workforce needs within all the technical and professional routes to employment
- The creation of a digital technical and professional route to provide clear progression to high-level digital skills and jobs
- Bringing together the findings of this and other reviews to deliver a coherent flow of relevant digital skills for the UK economy
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, Department for Culture, Media and Sport and the SFA will work together to consider how the recommendations can be taken forward to ensure digital skills provision is meeting the needs of industry.