Website The Cornwall College Group - Unlocking Potential
This role is part funded through the Digital Transformation project which is supported by an investment from the European Regional Development Fund until 2023. The project is managed by Cornwall College, delivered by Unlocking Potential in partnership with Software Cornwall. It will deliver business support to digital and non-digital SMEs in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, helping them to achieve their growth potential. The primary purpose of this post is to support digital SMEs to grow their business and increase their market reach and non-digital businesses to implement digital technologies to improve their productivity.
The Cornwall College Group are looking to recruit three Digital Innovators.
You will be an experienced business development specialist, you will support businesses in Cornwall to fulfil their growth potential. Using the business development tools provided, in addition to your own specialist digital expertise, you will ensure that the quantitative and qualitative targets of the Digital Transformation project are met.
You will work with new and existing businesses to help them to develop their digital plans, identify and organise any specialist support they may need and meet with them regularly to keep their plans moving forward. Your role will involve engaging the clients with the project which will deliver all the specialist workshops, practical planning and a suite of support tools they need to support their digital development and transformation. When they are ready to take on new employees and develop their digital teams, you will support them through their recruitment.
You will also help to facilitate the delivery of a suite of business development tools aimed at supporting the improvement of their productivity, entry into export markets and access to finance to enable growth. You will also deliver and facilitate high quality, digital related, engaging content to those businesses through our regular workshop programme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Providing one to one support to a portfolio of start-up and established SMEs throughout Cornwall & Isles of Scilly to plan, develop and deliver business growth through digital tools.
- Completing digital audits with non-digital SMEs to understand how they could implement technology to make efficiencies, enable new market opportunities and deliver growth
- Facilitate and support workshop activities for groups of businesses to explore a range of digital topic areas
- Meet the quantitative and qualitative targets set in support of the Digital Transformation project
- Develop and support the implementation of digital development plans through the coordination of the delivery of a suite of support tools and packages such as recruitment, specialist mentoring, workshops and productivity development
- Working closely with businesses with their digital recruitment activity including role scoping, the identification of KPIs and critical success factors for the posts, recruitment advertising, interviewing and job offers
- Support the placed digital employees and businesses throughout the first 9 months of their role through drafting in specialist mentor support
- Support businesses through the funding and claim process, ensuring they are providing timely evidence of match funding
- Maintain up to date knowledge of business support agencies and services available locally, regionally and nationally and ensure the businesses is signposted to relevant agencies to support their growth and development.
- Develop and maintain effective and long-term relationship with partners, businesses, graduates and support agencies.
- Maintain database and CRM systems relating to communications and interventions with businesses.
- Promote project activities and achievements through networking, presentations and working with marketing, PR and communications teams
- Provide regular information through appropriate management information systems to the management team.
- Maintain a thorough up to date knowledge of ERDF funding criteria
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of new digital technologies and opportunities to enhance business and personal productivity.
- Ensure effective communications relating to the responsibilities of the role.
- Undertake other projects and responsibilities as directed by the management team
- A relevant Degree or equivalent.
Experience, knowledge and skills
- Industry relevant, digital business-to-business work experience at a management level
- Ability to support businesses to reimagine solutions to existing business challenges with a passion for digital transformation and specific knowledge and expertise in an area of digital technologies.
- Software Engineering: Software development, App or Web development.
- Virtualised hardware and infrastructure, networking, Cloud Storage and online managed applications.
- Emerging technologies such as the Internet of Things (IOT), Artificial Intelligence, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Data Analytics.
- Ability to converse at a technical level with digital businesses with knowledge and understanding as well as being able to talk to non-technical SMEs about digital matters and projects
- A clear, up to date understanding of digital trends and market developments
- An understanding of business management, growth and development particularly in relation to start up and growth in SMEs gained through experience of working with early stage businesses
- Specialist or general experience of business support e.g. accessing finance, marketing, structures, strategy and planning
- Ability to deliver engaging workshops and provide facilitation for a business audience
- Understanding of the local business and commercial landscape
- Experience of establishing the support needs of a business
- Demonstrate an understanding of Agile methodologies for project scoping and planning to help facilitate the management of successful Digital Transformations
- Recruitment experience
- Partner and stakeholder management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Applications such as Word / Excel / Outlook / PowerPoint and preferably experience of Sharepoint, MS Teams, Onenote and Planner or Trello
- Own transport
- Understanding of flexible procurement methodologies and mindset to ensure the success of digital projects
- Understanding of financial accounts
- Experience in using CRM systems
- Knowledge or experience of working with statutory, educational, voluntary and commercial sectors
- An interest in marketing and promotion
- Team leading, people development or management experience
- Experience of working with graduates
- Experience of using business diagnostic and planning tools, particularly Forum 21, Lean Canvas and Business Model Canvas
- Knowledge and preferably experience of working within a European Funded environment
- Negotiating and influencing skills and experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport building ability
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with a desire to achieve high quality outcomes
- An ability to work as a fully contributing member of the team, whilst at the same time being self-motivating and self-reliant.
- Target driven and results orientated
- An outstanding, motivating, resourceful and supportive team player with high integrity and respect for others.
- A supportive, challenging and empathetic nature.
This role is funded until 31st October 2021 in the first instance with a strong likelihood of extension thereafter.
The post holder will be required to travel throughout Cornwall; a driving license or own transport is therefore essential. This position is supported by the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), part of the European Structural Investment Fund (ESIF) portfolio 2014 to 2020.
In addition to job role competencies Cornwall College values are embedded in all roles. Therefore, all employees will be expected to review the College values document and ensure they understand how the values apply to their role and the wider organisation.
- Learner first
- Act with integrity
- Take ownership
- Achieve excellence together
All employees of Cornwall College are required to undertake mandatory Safeguarding, health and safety, data protection and Equality & Diversity Training. All statutory checks governed by “every child matters” will need to be completed before commencing employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cornwall.ac.uk.