Seasalt is a growing lifestyle retailer and this role sits within the fast paced and exciting MCR (Multi-channel retail) team. The MCR team are responsible for optimising digital and campaign performance to drive sales across our channels – online, retail and wholesale. You will be working on new and innovative developments that deliver the very best website experience to our customers.
This is an exciting time within the team as we develop a suite of cutting edge software to support in achieving our goals. As the Digital Development Assistant you will be at the forefront of using this to support and inform improvements and resolve issues on the site.
In this entry level position, you will develop excellent user research skills and the ability to design and deliver measurable website improvements.
- Support with end-to-end testing of our websites (B2C and B2B)
- Support with User Acceptance Testing (UAT), browser and device testing for new developments on our sites.
- Digital Analytics tag testing.
- Notify MCR team of dates/times for planned software releases.
- Prepare a monthly newsletter to be shared with wider teams outlining new developments and functionality available on our websites.
- Check weekly shop updates and brief in the creation of new shop pages when required.
- Support with creating Project Initiation Documents (PIDs).
- Prepare weekly site speed and uptime reports.
- Keep a log of any issues that may impact trade, to be shared with leadership team ahead of weekly trade meetings.
- Weekly Google Analytics and Digital Analytics validation reports.
- Daily checks of reports and flag any sessions where the customer may be experiencing an issue.
- Support with measuring Return On Investment post development.
- Collate data to support business cases for new projects.
- Track competitor development and stay up to date with current digital trends.
- Organise focus groups and support with preparation ahead of sessions.
What we’re looking for
Above all you’ll be passionate about a career in the digital world and have a demonstrable interest in keeping up to date with trends and new developments. Experience within a digital design or web development agency would be ideal, but if not, you’ll need experience of report writing to pull insights and analysis, plus the ability to pick up new software quickly. Graduates with a design, media, IT or technology related degree would be preferable.
As well as the technical aptitude and solid Microsoft Office skills, personally you’ll have strong organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines and keep up in a fast paced environment. You’ll also be a good team player and have excellent communication skills, able to build relationships and work closely with other departments.