This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Technician to provide support to the team and develop our current systems and processes for optimal performance and ease of use for our donors.
The Cool Earth website and CRM is the primary system through which Cool Earth raises income from individuals, and manages contacts.
We are looking for a skilled candidate to support the development of our current systems and processes to ensure optimal performance and ease of use for our donors. This role will also help support the internal IT infrastructure and ensure that the Cool Earth team have a colleague to turn to when they need help.
Using your interpersonal skills you will provide front line IT support to both the internal and remote teams (Sweden, London, Peru, Papua New Guinea).
Cool Earth has created a stimulating workplace where employees are rewarded for collaborations and creativity. Training is taken seriously and you will see your technical skills and value enhanced.
- Working alongside the IT Administrator in maintaining the live, staging and development sites. This includes
- Identifying and fixing issues/bugs.
- Performance monitoring/tuning.
- Ensuring the site is secure by proactively identifying and mitigating risks and keeping software up-to-date.
- Development work based upon client specifications.
- Documenting code deployed on Cool Earth’s websites (or other internal systems) and for relevant processes and procedures.
- Providing systems support for all of Cool Earth’s internal IT systems.
- Writing instructions and upskilling the team on troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing problems.
- Supporting the remote teams regarding technical issues
- Identifying areas where internal IT systems and their related procedures and processes can be improved.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Experience of managing servers in a systems administration capacity.
- Experience of integrating systems via API’s (REST, SOAP, etc.) and troubleshooting existing integrations.
- Proven experience of diagnosing and trouble shooting
- Strong customer service ethos Passion and enthusiasm for Cool Earth’s ethos and aims
- Good verbal and written skills
Desirable Skills and Abilities
- Experience supporting and developing a CiviCRM database.
- Experience supporting and developing a WordPress site.
- Experience supporting a Seafile filesystem.
- Knowledge of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications.
- Experience of providing specialist and technical advice and support to non-technical team members.
- Proven ability and motivation to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to speak other languages, e.g. French, Spanish Experience working for a charity
Cool Earth is an experimental unique organisation that works alongside rainforest communities to reduce deforestation and the impact of climate change by putting local people back in control of their rainforest.
Technology and innovation are at the heart of everything we do.
We support communities by providing them with the resources they need to strengthen their livelihoods, enabling more sustainable choices to be made regarding forest protection as communities become self-funding. All our partnerships are community-owned and led. We believe that people, who have lived in the forest for generations, are the best custodians for sustainable forest conservation. For the past 10 years, Cool Earth have partnered with and supported communities at a grassroots level, enabling people’s economic and personal empowerment.
Other Application Details
Application Process: Please apply online via the Cool Earth website
If you would like to have an initial informal discussion about this role, please contact *Matt Proctor on 01326 576200
*No agencies please.
Closing Date: 27 January 2019
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year
To apply for this job please visit www.coolearth.org.