We are developing an internal ASP.net MVC web application that manages the approval process of new third parties who work with our client. The application is being actively developed and we are working towards a migration from an on-premise environment to an Azure PaaS deployment in 2019. We’re looking for someone who can help to mentor the team and who isn’t afraid to make suggestions and improvements to what we are doing.
You will be joining a high performing team of developers split between our office in Cornwall and the client office in Kent. You will be based in our Cornwall office with very occasional travel to the client site.
We have embraced agile ways of working and are fans of TDD for new code. We are looking for someone who has experience creating clean code and is able to encourage less experienced team members to build software that we can be proud of. You will be responsible for implementing code across the full stack of the application.
Due to our timescales you must be eligible to work in the UK, or in the UK with a visa which we can takeover if necessary.
Essential experience and skill requirements:
• Experience building ASP.Net MVC web applications
• Knowledge of Web Api and WCF service development
• Good understanding of LINQ and Entity Framework
• Knowledge of Agile development methods and practices
• Experience writing unit and integration tests
• Experience of TDD
• Refactoring, SOLID principles
• Source control using Git
• Experience working with legacy code bases
• Working knowledge of PowerShell
• Experience implementing automated tests written using the Gherkin syntax
• Experience using Selenium and SpecFlow to build automated tests
• Knowledge of Microsoft VSTS
• Pair Programming experience
• Experience with building or working with automated continuous delivery pipelines would be an advantage
• Experience of Azure / migration to Azure
The closing date for this role is 31st October 2018. We recruit on a rolling basis and fill our vacancies as soon as we find people who fit our culture and meet the skills requirements. This means that whilst we have a closing date on all of our roles, we may offer the role to someone before the end date, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.