We’re a tight-knit team of experts and we’re looking for talented Software Developers to fill a number of vacancies ranging from Junior Developer to Senior Developer.
On a day-to-day basis, the role includes (subject to your abilities and experience):
- Helping estimate work
- Taking ownership of delivery of a task, a feature, or a project
- Using what you know to help us make the right technical choices
- Working as part of a high-performing team who take pride in delivering great work to clients
- Demonstrating what you have built to other team members and clients
- Actively working to understand testing implications
- Actively participating in Agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Taking ownership of your personal development, actively trying to become a better Software Developer.
For more senior roles, the role also includes:
- Understanding requirements and support solution architecture, using your knowledge to help us make the right choices
- Mentoring junior team members, taking responsibility for their development
- Taking ownership of our tech stack and toolset, helping us be a better tech organisation
- Taking the lead in technical planning sessions and supporting client workshops where required
- Taking the lead in developing and improving your team’s culture and mindset, and contributing to the overall development of the company’s culture and mindset.
Team fit is more important to us that exact technical skills, as we firmly believe in training the right people to have a long and successful career with us. For that to work, you will need to have a desire to learn new things and get joy from delivering quality code.
The perfect candidate
We are looking to recruit people who are interesting in improving themselves and the team they work in. Formal academic qualifications are not essential for this role – if you have the right mindset and solid coding skills this could be the role for you.
This means you:
- Have a strong preference for simple, clean code that does exactly what it should
- Are open-minded, always happy to learn about a new framework, technology, or approach
- Aren’t a lone wolf coder, but one who really enjoys being part of a team of like-minded experts and learning from them
- Understand that a task is only done after it’s passed testing and has been deployed for the client to use
- Appreciate the value of reusable components and off-the-shelf packages and frameworks to help get a project off the ground
- Want to make a difference to your own personal development, to our clients and to our business.
To qualify for a more senior role, you will also:
- Want to and be able to make the team better by mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Be able to communicate really well with technical and non-technical audiences including client stakeholders
- Have experience building complex web platforms using c# or similar languages
- Have experience of working on multiple projects, sometimes having to switch between them to cope with business needs
- Be familiar with a with a wide variety of web and cloud technology stacks
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process is designed to figure out what level of coding skill you have, what your potential is and if you will fit well within our teams.
We start with a coding test, which gives us a great idea of your skill level and potential. You can come to our offices to do that or take it from the comfort of your own home. From there, we may progress to interview and/or taster days in our offices. This allows us to get to know you better and see how you will fit in with the rest of the team. It also gives you the opportunity to hear first-hand what it’s like to work here!
Working at Everest Media
We encourage our teams to have make the most of the flexibility we offer to achieve a good work-life balance. This includes flexitime, remote working opportunities and part time roles.
We also take your health and wellbeing very seriously and do our best to provide you with all the support you may need, including a mental health advice service and paid sick leave.
Salary & Benefits
Salary depends on your skill level and experience, but is generally in the range of £18k-45k.
We can also cover relocation costs if required.
Here are some of the other benefits of working here:
- A competitive salary that is regularly reviewed
26 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays
- Flexitime and remote working opportunities
- Free fruit, tea, coffee, and fancy coffee machine
- Huge range of discounts and perks via Perkbox including cycle to work scheme, discount vouchers and more
- Free on-site parking
- Café on-site
- Training and development opportunities
We are only able to consider applicants with the right to work in the UK. If you’re a recruiter, please do not send unsolicited CVs to us – we will not accept any future ownership claims.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.