We’re looking for someone who’s computer savvy and conscientious, with excellent communication skills, to join our small team on a full time, permanent basis.
Location: Hayle, Cornwall
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 4.30pm, with 30m paid lunch
Starting Salary: £18,000 – £23,000 depending on experience
Who are we?
Established in 2007, we help schools make sense of assessment data through purposeful software and dedicated expertise.
Our main focus is Insight, our assessment tracking web app for primary schools. More than 650 schools nationally use this service, and we’re growing every year. Our customers love the system and send us great feedback!
We place a high value on delivering an excellent experience for our customers. To us this means working hard to create a product which is simple to use, genuinely helpful and well supported. We aim to treat customers as we’d like to be treated – we want them to feel that we’re on their side, and that we’re only a phone call or email away (even in school holidays). We want to help them feel confident in the use of our products. Our Help Desk team plays a critical role in ensuring that our customer support is always first-class.
We value everyone on our team just as highly. We aim to provide a friendly, professional, relaxed, enjoyable and productive work environment where everyone feels respected, appreciated and challenged. We love the culture of small business, where everyone can have a say, everyone wears multiple hats, employees feel empowered, and there are opportunities for continuous learning.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone who combines excellent communication with being handy around computers and web apps.
You’ll need to be comfortable explaining things to people from different backgrounds – from understanding the needs of a technophobic customer to chatting through ideas for improvements with our developers.
If you’re the go-to person for friends and family who need help with online services, software or spreadsheets, or you just love using great online/software tools, this could be the role for you!
Ideally you’ll have:
· A high level of computer literacy/internet skills, with an interest in the web.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, via phone and email.
· Conscientiousness and accuracy – attention to detail is a must.
· Patience and integrity.
· Adaptability. Our system is ever-evolving to meet customer needs.
· The ability to work under your own initiative with minimal supervision.
· The ability to prioritise your workload and work to given timescales.
· Discretion is essential, as you’ll be working with confidential data.
· Some experience of working in a customer service or customer-facing role.
· Some interest in or knowledge of the education sector is a bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be joining our friendly first-line support team, whose primary day-to-day role is to help customers with a variety of queries via phone, email, social media and online forums.
As you train with us, you’ll become an expert user of the Insight system and gain a thorough understanding of assessment policy in primary schools.
As part of a small, agile team, there will be opportunities to shape your future with the company as the role develops, and depending on your interests. Examples of other areas this role inevitably touches on are:
- Maintaining support documentation. We maintain a set of private and public help guides which we and customers can use for self-service support. These are under constant development and there’s always scope for improving them.
- Improving internal processes. In parallel to recruiting, we’re always looking to improve our internal tooling and support, so that we can grow in a sustainable way. What can we automate? What tools could help us reduce support? How can we know that our processes are successful – what should we be measuring, and how? We look to our team to tell us what we could be doing better.
- Product design and customer success. Through ongoing customer support you’ll gain a good view into what schools need. This feeds into our development of Insight – new features, improvements to user interface, etc – and potentially other products. This also feeds into how we pro-actively engage with customers to make sure they’re getting good value from our software.
What we provide
· Excellent holiday (8 weeks inclusive of public holidays)
· Team bonus scheme
· Workplace pension, with matched contributions up to 15%
· Training and budget for continuous professional development
· Regular team socials (usually within working hours)
· Sit/stand desk and ergonomic chair
· Free eye checks
· Free snacks and drinks
How to apply:
Please send your CV, together with a short cover note on why you’re the perfect candidate for the role, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, 1st April 2019