We are seeking a talented Senior Developer who wants to get in on the cusp of a growing regular payment solution within FinTech, the remit being to overcome some big technical challenges as we break new ground.
We’re building the next generation of recurring payment systems after the humble direct debit.
We are now recruiting to grow and strengthen our team. You’ll have a love for best practice – writing clean, testable and scalable code. You would have previously built products such as backend account applications and have some operational experience. Importantly, you would bring at least two years of commercial experience with JAVA SPRING BOOT.
In this role you will be working with a team of highly skilled developers on a range of hosted financial software components. You will conduct research and innovation activities into debit escrow and smart contracts. We are strong believers in micro-service architectures and test-driven (agile) development techniques. All our products are flexible at their core whilst being thoroughly tested for reliability and performance to gain trust from our clients.
· To act as a senior developer for the core platform in this project. This includes any web applications, APIs and databases required for the operation
· To conduct code reviews of software authored by other team members
· To develop software and support a coding standard with the tech team
· To alternate scrum master project leadership with the lead developer
· To share knowledge and train junior staff who are still learning on the job.
· University degree in Computer Science or similar subject
· 2+ years JAVA SPRING BOOT commercial experience
· 3+ years JAVA commercial experience
· 4+ years’ experience in object oriented programming
· 3+ years’ experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL or Aurora
· 4+ years’ experience in in command line Unix/Linux use
· 3+ years’ experience in test driven development, TDD/BDD
· Experience with designing & building large scale applications
· Knowledge of Microservices orientated architectures
· Experience building APIs (CRUD and others) for 3rd party applications
· Familiarity with RPC, Apache Kafka,
· Good working knowledge of code repository systems like GitHub
· Attention to detail, troubleshooting skills, problem solving ability, confident communication.
Perks and Benefits
This is an exciting role, offering you responsibility and rewards from day one. You get the chance to build the next generation of recurring payments and to accelerate a new product into the market, whilst working in an exciting team and having a significant impact on the future direction of the company.
· Shape the technical direction of the company
· Owning your projects from conception to launch
· Build your own dream machine (desktop or laptop)
· Free surf lessons – start from scratch or hone your skills
· Fruits @ work – free fresh fruits every day
· Birthday Holiday – Never work on your birthday again!
We are a team of highly motivated individuals who love achieving miracles under pressure and the joy of accomplishment that comes with it. We’ll have a great office in Liskeard, a handy location in Cornwall, easy to get to both by train and car.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.