Inspirational, strategic and hands-on senior team player is wanted that will report directly to the MD and integrate seamlessly with an existing highly skilled and dynamic team. This person will have ownership of and lead agile software delivery and growth across all Dewsign clients. Responsible for scoping, strategy, defining and delivering multiple digital projects while ensuring quality, timeliness and performance against the project roadmap.
This is a demanding role and requires a strategic thinker with the ability to convert strategy into operational execution. Excellent technical, operational and performance management, agile and associated methodologies knowledge and rigorous planning skills are essential.
A strong customer facing product owner and focused team leader, team player and cross functional collaborator is required. This candidate needs to be skilled in influencing others (at all levels) in addition to having the ability to flourish in a high-performance culture.
This is a new role in a fast-paced dynamic business. You need the energy, aptitude and passion to help refine, define and champion best technical delivery practices, and help foster a culture of continuous process management in a high growth and positively charged environment.
In this role you will be expected to:
– Ownership of all project, performance and financial delivery
– Gathering requirements, scoping, strategy and delivery of bespoke technical projects
– Manage, support, and motivate delivery teams, and stakeholder expectations
– Client facing and highly skilled at managing and negotiating expectations
– Risk management both for Dewsign and our clients
– Capacity / traffic management and delivery resourcing
– Financial performance & account management
– Manage multiple concurrent project delivery roadmaps using the appropriate methodologies e.g. Harvest, Forecast, Trello, Slack or any other platforms you bring to the table
– Lead the collaborative, dynamic planning processes internally to ensure that work can be completed versus capacity and business need
– Encourage a culture of innovation and value add; inspiring creative thinking whilst focussing on outcome, putting value and purpose first
– Continually refine delivery and process management
Skills and experience necessary for this role:
– Excellent organisational skills
– Methodical and process driven
– Passion for administration and associated management systems
– Ability to stick to and pro-actively refine ongoing internal process
– Ability to work on multiple projects
– Amazing people management skills
– Exceptional fire-fighting skills
– Logical thinker
– Clear communicator
– Thorough knowledge of Digital Project Management with demonstrable experience
– Excellent working knowledge of web technologies, with a background of building websites and online campaigns.
– Experience of functional & technical specifications
– Produce project plans; manage workload and keep production on-track.
– Excellent at scheduling with a talent for pushing the project along, keeping everything on track.
– Ability to keep 3 steps ahead of the client and team members throughout a project duration
– Get satisfaction by making sure people can do their job well and delivery great projects
Experience, skills and professional attributes:
– Extensive experience in technical digital project management/delivery management
– That you have managed software development projects, and are familiar with agile and lean methodologies
– A deep understanding of the product development cycle from project inception to final delivery and continuous delivery
– Effective management of teams, in a collaborative environment with a flat structure to deliver projects successfully
– That you are a strong communicator with the ability to proactively manage stakeholders
– The ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve complex and challenging objectives through an influential nature
– An understanding of both transitional and transformational change control and management, ideally with experience
– A pragmatic and flexible approach, with a willingness to take on different roles and responsibilities
– A proven ability to determine and report on key project metrics to stakeholders
To succeed in this role you must have:
– Positive uplifting energy
– Supernatural ability to seamlessly manage and deliver multiple projects and remain calm and relaxed
– A deep understanding and passion for the digital world and associated technologies
– Proven experience owning the delivery of bespoke digital products, services and platforms
– Agile / Kanban / Project Management certifications (preferred but not essential
– Done this before
Dewsign is a full service digital design and technology agency founded in 1999. We have grown organically through client recommendations alone. Having delivered projects for clients such as Amazon, Aon, Fish For Thought, Nike, Origin Coffee, Pashley Cycles, Port Eliot Festival, Quickes Cheese, Skinflint, Spotify, The Ritz Club (to name a few) the agency has also undertaken pro-bono work for charities such as Cornwall Good Seafood Guide, RedSTART and Turn to Starboard.
The agency creates high-end, design led, technology driven solutions across a range of ecommerce, bespoke business management applications and mobile apps.
We are very aware how important the correct work/life balance is. The health and well-being of our team is of paramount importance to us, especially in our fast-paced industry.
The Dewsign team spend a lot of time in the sea – sailing, surfing, fishing, kayaking, diving and other water-based sports, competing at CrossFit, Volley Ball on the beach, or on our bikes in the woods.
If you are considering a move out of the city to find a better work/life balance with the nature on your doorstep but want to continue working on interesting projects within a well-established agency, on a good salary – this could be for you.
We offer competitive remuneration based on experience and are happy to discuss your specific requirements.
We are always interested in personal projects and interests out of the office and are keen to support our team with these areas where possible.
Other Application Details
Please send your CV along with a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.