Closing Date: 12pm on Thursday 28th March 2019
Up to £40,000 (+ relocation costs if required)
About Bluefruit Software:
At Bluefruit Software we work on projects ranging from cutting-edge medical devices to market-leading industrial equipment. Across the wide range of our projects, we have one common theme – a requirement for the highest possible quality code.
Based in Cornwall, Bluefruit Software has been delivering projects for over 18 years and we know that quality code comes from a happy team. The company was set up by engineers, to be the type of place they would always want to work and we’ve worked hard to create an environment where programmers can thrive. We believe in empowering our team and we give everyone the opportunity to create your own office space including laptops with docking stations, multiple monitors, ergonomic keyboards, and the option to have a stand-up desk or even to sit on the floor.
While we work on some very exciting projects for large companies, we’ve worked hard to help our clients understand that we have a No Crunch policy. We won’t make you work evenings. We believe your weekends are for your time. We never force our people to do overtime.
About the Job:
The Senior Software Engineer job at Bluefruit is all about coding, with a strong focus on continued development and training. We are a lean-agile software company and believe in regular feedback loops and a strong understanding of the client requirements. We use a wide variety of constantly evolving processes to ensure that projects run smoothly and efficiently, this includes using TDD and BDD to write code that won’t come back later to bite you.
Typical responsibilities of a senior developer include:
– Writing code
– Writing automated tests for your code
– Learning and applying our lean-agile practices for planning and delivering code as part of a team
– Taking initiative and suggesting ideas to improve our practices for planning and delivering code as part of your team, or even more widely
– Pairing with other engineers to help share knowledge and ensure quality
– Working with our Test Engineers to guarantee our code does what it says on the tin
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers based in Cornwall who are:
– Passionate, open-minded engineers from all backgrounds
– Experienced working on a number of different projects
– Familiar with a wide variety of technologies
– Seeking technically challenging software projects
– Keen to join a positive workplace full of intelligent, friendly people
– Experienced in working at an excellent level of C++ or C#
– Keen problem-solvers
– Believers in the value of testing
– Happy to work to high standard and want to work as part of a high-performing team
It’s a bonus if you also…
…have knowledge of Agile practices – TDD, BDD, pair programming, sprints, and retrospectives. Knowledge of digital electronics would be very useful.
Formal academic qualifications aren’t required, but your programming skills should be second to none. For our senior positions, experience of embedded systems (working with PIC, ARM or AVR architectures, for example) is a big plus.
Join our amazing team of embedded and IoT experts in Cornwall. Apply and we’ll send you a quick online coding exercise. This exercise is a way for us to better understand your potential to work at Bluefruit. It is a part of the way we ensure bias-free recruitment, helping us to hire the right people for the job regardless of their background. We are mainly looking at approach and effort. From there successful applicants will be invited to join us for an interview.
For more information about Bluefruit, this amazing role and how to apply, please click here!
We are only able to consider applicants with the right to work in the UK!
To apply for this job please visit www.bluefruit.co.uk.