Job: Headforwards: Technical Support Manager -POSITION CLOSED
Headforwards are an exciting outsource software development company who are looking for a Technical Support Manager to join their team in Cornwall.
Cornwall is in south west England and is famous for its beautiful beaches, rugged coastline and spectacular cuisine.
Headforwards currently have a team of 60 developers working on different projects for clients across the globe. They have worked hard to establish a perfect company culture that revolves around valuing the people they work with and forming effective teams.
They spend a lot of time socialising together off the clock, take a look at their Team Adventures page for an idea of what they get up to.
Headforwards are looking for a Technical Support Manager (Tier 3) who has experience in working within a team and resolving highly technical issues. You will be responsible for managing Tier 3 issues for Headforwards clients customer facing web portal.
You will need to possess technical knowledge, problem solving skills and have experience in a help desk environment. In this position you will be providing support for clients from all verticals who are using our clients cloud product.
- Diagnose and resolve client issues that require in-depth knowledge of the functionality of the product
- Work with our development team to develop, design and propose solutions to address issues raised
- Provide a high level of support on escalated issues in a timely fashion
- Be responsible for accurate and timely logging of all support calls in ticket tracking system along with escalating problems where appropriate
- Develop support documents, FAQs and knowledge-based articles
- Perform special projects as required
- Respond to client outages and emergency situations
- Offer hands on support to make sure things are fixed
- Have experience providing IT support
- Possess a sound understanding of both hardware and software
- Be familiar with programming and database design
- Have an understanding of Linux based software stack including databases
- Possess a basic understanding of Network topography (Database, Exchange, App and Load-balancing)
- Understand the basic concept of cloud solutions / VM environments
- Have knowledge of Customer Service
- Be experienced in conflict resolution
- Have the desire to learn – through on the job training, formal training and personal study
- Have existing knowledge of business concepts, practices and procedures
- Be able to pay keen attention to detail
- Have excellent time management skills
- Have fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be enthusiastic
Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical discipline
The working week is Monday – Friday
0900 – 1730 with a one hour lunch break.
Near Redruth, Cornwall
£25,000 – £40,000
Depending on experience
This is a “Rolling Recruitment Programme” and the closing date for this vacancy is the last day of April 2016
How to apply:
Please complete our online application form.
Headforwards do all their own recruiting in-house and do not wish to be contacted by any recruitment agencies.
Any employment agency or person who submits a CV to Headforwards does so with the understanding that it becomes the property of Headforwards for the purpose of recruitment.
Headforwards will have the right to hire that applicant without paying any fee to the the submitting party.