Welcome to Software Cornwall's event calendar, here you can find out about upcoming educational, networking and conference events being run by our members and the community.
If you would like to list your event please join Software Cornwall. Register here for membership to create your login and join our community. If you have any issues adding your event please email email@example.com
EPIC Ehealth – Using Smart Speakers in Social Care
Friday March 15 @ 12:00 PM - 4:30 PM
We would love for you to attend our afternoon event on the 15th of March exploring the use of ‘smart speakers’ (Alexa/Google Home etc) in social care environments. We will be discussing the potential to use these cost effective consumer devices in a number of ways:
- Reminders for treatment or medication prompts
- As an interface to community resources such as Cornwall Link
- As a means of video communication with healthcare practitioners, family and friends
- Enabling interaction with age appropriate media, e.g. sound media suitable for their age/interests
- We are delighted to present three speakers from pioneer areas in the use of Alexa; Hampshire, Oxfordshire, and Wales, who will share their experiences of their use of Alexa within social care environments.
12.00 – 12.45 Registration and lunch
12.45 – 13.00 Welcome and introduction. Ray Jones and colleagues
Experience from three pioneers in the use of Alexa in social care.
13.00 – 13.30 Experience from Wales. Ashley Bale and Nick French (Innovate Trust)
13.30 – 14.00 Experience from Oxfordshire. DeeDee Wallace (Oxfordshire County Council)
14.00 – 14.30 Experience from Hampshire. Steve Carefull (Director, PA Consulting and the Argenti Care Technology Partnership)
14.30 – 14.50 Panel Discussion
14.50-15.10 Tea break
15.10 – 16.15 Echo Spot for video calls, and the potential adoption in care homes.
Liskeard Town Hall 15th March 12.00 – 16.15
Public Hall, 3-5 West Street, Liskeard PL14 6BW
For information on parking https://www.liskeard.gov.uk/services-info/car-parks/
For information on public transport https://www.visitliskeard.co.uk/essential-info/public-transport/
Please do let us know your dietary requirements upon registration.