Gain skills and experience, open the door to a well paid career in Cornwall or University
A new way of learning
Digital Academy Cornwall has developed from a meeting of minds and ideas, from software companies, creative thinkers and Cornwall’s leading information technology training provider.
With a national shortage of digital skills, there is a need to challenge how we think about skills training and education for digital industries.
We need to prepare the developers, technicians and dreamers of the future to be work ready, with high-level skills, real world experience through extensive industry support. In order to achieve this we need to evolve traditional concepts of learning and look at things differently.
i am digital
TechBac is designed to set you apart from the competition. It achieves this by not only giving you a City & Guilds Technical Qualification, but also the professional workplace skills needed by employers.
The benefits of studying TechBac include:
- Recognised by leading employers as ensuring you’re ‘ready to work’
- Makes your CV stand out with an impressive mix of technical skills and 24 key workplace skills
- Gives you real hands-on experience that will help you to feel ready for the world of work
- Offers UCAS points at Level 3 for progression to university
- Keeps your options open for further learning, university, employment or apprenticeships
Work on real projects, from day one
Learning will take place by completing projects. Projects will be based on real problems, using current technology and tools. Along the way you will build your online brand and be able showcase your projects to potential employers.
The i am digital team is made up of professional software developers and educators, alongside them you will have access to and be mentored by industry experts.
An experience like no other
Your learning will be current, relevant and of the very highest standard:
- You make a commitment to be with us Mon-Fri, 9am – 5pm for 30 weeks per year
- You’ll be supported by a mentor and work with a range of specialist instructors, who are experts in their respective fields
- Leave us with an edge: high level skills, academic qualifications and real work experience. These attributes will make you stand out from the crowd, whether on a university application or your CV.