Welcome to code club Cornwall!
Students – If you run or would like to run a code club at your school please ask your teacher to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
Code Clubs and Courses are community funded through the kind sponsorship of local businesses, educational providers and organisations working collaboratively.
The clubs and workshops are organised and delivered with the dedicated support of local volunteers, Can you help run or sponsor a code club? Please contact us if you would like to get involved or are already supporting your area and would like to connect with others email@example.com
Support code club!
Schools and Volunteers
Software Cornwall with the support of the wider software community are committed to supporting the developent of code clubs to help young people learn to code and develop skills in digital engineering.
Supporting Code Clubs
Software Cornwall recognise the need to get our children excited about coding and making electronic devices work. We would like to see every school in Cornwall, primary and secondary, running after/out of school coding clubs. These clubs are supported by volunteers from the Cornish software industry who provide a 1 hour session every week building and extending up on the schools ICT curriculum.
Can you help?
We need somewhere in the region of 400 volunteers!! We are working with CodeClub.org.uk and Cornwall College Business and STEM to make it easier for volunteers and ensure that conditions for a safe environment are met.
If you volunteer, we will
- sort out DBS(CRB) Checks
- introduce you to and register you as a STEM ambassador
- help link you with a school
- provide all the basic teaching materials needed
- offer you a train the trainer course
You will need to be able to assist with an hour session once a week – during term time – at the school. Â If you would like to find out more drop your details in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary Schools Looking For Volunteers
The following schools have told us or CodeClub UK that they would like to start a code club, can you help?
- Falmouth Primary Academy
- Gorran School
- Mevagissey Primary School
- Pensans CP School
- St Agnes School
- St Meriadoc CofE Junior Academy
- Truro Prep School
- Wadebridge Primary Academy
We are trying to establish were Code Clubs are already running and points of contact at all schools so we can help with matching volunteers to schools. A short survey has been sent to all schools in the county, if you’ve not seen it or completed it yet, it can be found HERE.
Using the code club uk website and survey responses we believe the follow schools already have code clubs:
- Bosvigo School, Truro
- Brannel School, St Stephen
- Cape Cornwall School, St Just
- Devoran School, Devoran
- Five Islands School, Isles of Scilly
- Kehelland School, Camborne
- King Charles Primary, Falmouth (sept 15)
- Mount Hawke Academy, Mount Hawke
- Mounts Bay Academy
- Newquay Junior Academy, Newquay
- Perranporth CP School
- Roskear Primary School
- St Columb Minor Academy, Newquay
- St Giles On the Heath Primary School, Launceston
- St Ives Junior School, St Ives
- St John’s Catholic Primary School, Camborne
- St Mark’s CE Primary School, Bude
- St Martin in Meneage
- St Mewan County Primary School, St Austell
- Trewirgie Junior School, Redruth
- Troon County Primary School, Camborne
if you would like to find out about a local code club, volunteer or just find out more about code club please email us email@example.com